Firearms Chat: Stipple that, home edition

General discussions regarding topics that aren't covered in one of the other sub-forums. NO DISCUSSION OF POLITICS!

Moderators: ZS Global Moderators, ZS Postal Match Officers

Maverick299

Re: Firearms Chat: Stipple that, home edition

Post by Maverick299 » Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:12 pm

Rednex wrote:Went to the gun store today to look for a few mags and ammo. Left with a S&W M&P shield 9mm, a kydex holster for it ,and 100 rounds of 9mm. I may be able to sneak an hour in at the range tomorrow.
You're going to like that weapon.
The Devil's always smiling when I pass by.

Rednex
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by Rednex » Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:27 pm

Maverick299 wrote:
Rednex wrote:Went to the gun store today to look for a few mags and ammo. Left with a S&W M&P shield 9mm, a kydex holster for it ,and 100 rounds of 9mm. I may be able to sneak an hour in at the range tomorrow.

On the ride home i already thought about selling off the glocks and replacing with all M&P's.

Also a guy working the shop had an AKM i think it was .. well looked like an AK of some type had a side folding stock. He hand bandanas and all kinda cloth wraped around it for looks. The other guy working there took a key ring off his keys and put in the hole of the cleaning rob that was under the barrle. The guy was so delighted with the key ring.
Last edited by Rednex on Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I fly the flag of black and red, the sight fills you with fear and dread. For you know with it i will come.

Doctorr Fabulous
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Evil Dead, Zombieland, 28 Days/Weeks Later

Post by Doctorr Fabulous » Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:31 pm

Rednex wrote:
Maverick299 wrote:

On the ride home i already thought about selling off the glocks and replacing with all M&P's.
That will last until you buy magazines. Also the Shield really has the second best factory M&P trigger, beat out only by the VTAC M&P. The rest desperately need Apex triggers.
Opinions subject to change in light of new information.
http://i.imgur.com/wG6ZMjE.jpg

AS556
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead ('04),28 Days Later,Shaun of the Dead,Zombieland

Post by AS556 » Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:59 pm

The shield tempts me. I'm stuck between it, a J frame, Kahr CM40 and a PF-9. I need me a pocket gun.

Rednex
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by Rednex » Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:11 pm

Well what got me on the idea was a guy was looking for a compact .38 special revolver for his girl. I had the bright idea of a compact revolver or a smaller 9mm. Looked at Keltec PF9 a Sig P290 i think , a S&W 686 i think it was compact internal hammer revolver and a few others. The shield had the best in store feel for me . Took the holster out and put the gun in holster and all and fit me well .

I saw the mags for the shield were $40 bucks at the shop
I fly the flag of black and red, the sight fills you with fear and dread. For you know with it i will come.

Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead (2004)
Zombieland

Post by 0122358 » Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:24 pm

Doctorr Fabulous wrote:
Rednex wrote:
Maverick299 wrote:

That will last until you buy magazines. Also the Shield really has the second best factory M&P trigger, beat out only by the VTAC M&P. The rest desperately need Apex triggers.
I love glocks...but between a G26 and M&P9 Shield...ill go S&W...it just feels better
SMoAF wrote:Your sin is one of geography, not one of unmanliness. Pimp's sin is that he's, well....himself.
Doctorr Fabulous wrote: I'd rather have 10 spooky-sized aircraft in an AO than 100 drones, because fuck those fucking pred flyboys who can't tell the difference between a shovel and an RPK.

hoofibou

Post by hoofibou » Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:16 am

I have heard some good things and bad things about the fury, but for the price of 400 dollars it's might be worth the plunge. I have had experience with the Saiga shotguns and those did not run too smoothly out of the box. I can get the BR-99 for around the same price, but I am curious if it's mostly plastic. Always wanted a 12 gauge mag fed shotgun probably as cheap as you can get.

raxar

Post by raxar » Sat Feb 01, 2014 3:08 pm

Well took a detour off tavor road

rather "seasoned" S&W .32 long, finish is a bit weathered but the action is great and none of the screws are bitched up. Needs a good cleaning but it should be a great shooter.
...although my tactical get up is a tarzan loin cloth and giant lolly pop
Cobray's website wrote:Remember The bitterness of poor quality lingers long after the sweetness of a cheap price is forgotten.
Cobray firearms, your #1 source for irony.

TheLastOne
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by TheLastOne » Sat Feb 01, 2014 4:19 pm

Fancy! Mebe you can cerakote that something ridiculous :lol: I want a 357 revolver for no good reason.

Finished my taxes. Sad that my return is going straight to the credit card this year and while it will make a dent, I'm still further in debt than I want to be. :gonk:
MF'N Team Leader: Cleveland Steamers 2012
Team Beards&Irons 2013

Rednex
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by Rednex » Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:07 pm

Well took the shield out to the range put 200 rounds through it. Had 2 mess ups while extracting a spent case while feeding a live round in to the chamber. Didn't do to bad i guess, not sure if i should do a full write up or not. Maybe tomorrow.

brothaman

Post by brothaman » Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:58 pm

Ugh! Somebody remind of all the reasons I shouldn't get a Winchester 70 Shadow lightweight in 243 WSSM... even if it's cheap.
It stops being funny when it starts being you.

Maverick299

Post by Maverick299 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:30 pm

Finally! There is a 9mm upper inbound to go with my Double Diamond Glock mag lower. Now I just need to wait for the extra heavy buffer weight and I should be rocking some 9mm down range!

The Devil's always smiling when I pass by.

UndeadInfidel
Favorite Zombie Movies: Zombieland, Dawn of the Dead

Post by UndeadInfidel » Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:33 pm

TheLastOne wrote:Fancy! Mebe you can cerakote that something ridiculous :lol: I want a 357 revolver for no good reason.

Finished my taxes. Sad that my return is going straight to the credit card this year and while it will make a dent, I'm still further in debt than I want to be. :gonk:
... and I owe $900.

Mountainsquid
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead(Snyder), Zombieland

Post by Mountainsquid » Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:12 am

Gingerbread Man wrote:http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2014 ... yle-rifle/
Did someone say pump action AR? 300 BlkOut please.

I actually saw this and thought it might be viable on the Australian market, since lever-action rifles appear to be verboten but not pump-action ones. Alas, the law appears to flat out ban even guns that have a legal action if they "substantially resemble" a military semiautomatic rifle.

Chris@MTCT

Post by Chris@MTCT » Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:34 am

TheLastOne wrote:Fancy! Mebe you can cerakote that something ridiculous :lol: I want a 357 revolver for no good reason.

Same here but at least with both of our returns and her bonus we will have everything (even the entire wedding) paid off. Well everything but the 350,000 in school and house debt.

e
sigboy40 wrote: I carry around magical kit faeries that keep all my stuff in place. This way I dont lose anything.
Instructor at Milcopp Tactical

CEO of http://movementtocontact.com/index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Please also like us on Facebook!

TheLastOne
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by TheLastOne » Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:25 am

^
I'll admit my cc is going to still be over 7k after this :vmad: :oops:
I do have all the rifles I wanted and most of the mags I wanted before stupid local laws though. I've never run one this high and I"m not happy about it. I don't have any school debt anymore and my condo is down to like 90k, so things aren't too bad I guess by average standards. I reeaaallly hate carrying cc debt tho :words:

It's really impeding my suppressor plans :clownshoes:
MF'N Team Leader: Cleveland Steamers 2012
Team Beards&Irons 2013

BullOnParade
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by BullOnParade » Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:24 pm

Chris@MTCT wrote:

Same here but at least with both of our returns and her bonus we will have everything (even the entire wedding) paid off. Well everything but the 350,000 in school and house debt.

e
350,000??!!
Did you study to be a unicorn veterinarian, or is most of that house?
BullOnParade

Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me.

Urban BOB/Range (& Bailout) Bag/EDC/Vehicle Kit

Chris@MTCT

Post by Chris@MTCT » Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:37 pm

BullOnParade wrote:
Chris@MTCT wrote:

e
350,000??!!
Did you study to be a unicorn veterinarian, or is most of that house?
We owe more for law school then the house. BUT that will pay off in the end.
sigboy40 wrote: I carry around magical kit faeries that keep all my stuff in place. This way I dont lose anything.
Instructor at Milcopp Tactical

CEO of http://movementtocontact.com/index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Please also like us on Facebook!

amphibian

Post by amphibian » Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:49 pm

Dave_M wrote:Two part review of the Govnah just hit. Yes, I'm a bit long winded
Part 1:
http://www.recoilweb.com/micromoas-govn ... 38489.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Part 2:
http://www.recoilweb.com/micromoas-govn ... 38639.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Dave, I was very impressed with the article. One of my friends said it was so thorough that he asked if I wrote it...I was like damn, he's got some shit in there I didn't even think of and I invented the thing. :awesome:

Great Article. Thanks again!

12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Moderator
ZS Moderator

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:42 pm

Anyone know of a folding front sight for the AK series of rifles ?

I've seen some pics of a Russian or otherwise Soviet-Bloc soldier with an AK that has a folding front sight, but I don't know if it's just a prototype for the Russians or an actual production piece.

raxar

Post by raxar » Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:09 pm

12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:Anyone know of a folding front sight for the AK series of rifles ?

I've seen some pics of a Russian or otherwise Soviet-Bloc soldier with an AK that has a folding front sight, but I don't know if it's just a prototype for the Russians or an actual production piece.
I've never heard of one. Don't see the point though, you can't mount a scope low enough for the sights to be in the way
...although my tactical get up is a tarzan loin cloth and giant lolly pop
Cobray's website wrote:Remember The bitterness of poor quality lingers long after the sweetness of a cheap price is forgotten.
Cobray firearms, your #1 source for irony.

12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Moderator
ZS Moderator

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:12 pm

raxar wrote:
12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:Anyone know of a folding front sight for the AK series of rifles ?

I've never heard of one. Don't see the point though, you can't mount a scope low enough for the sights to be in the way
Good point.

I was just curious as to whether or not one existed outside of Russian prototypes.

Browning 35
BANNED
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead (2004).
28 Days Later.
Planet Terror.
Dawn of the Dead (1978).
Night of the Living Dead (1968)
Omega Man

Post by Browning 35 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:37 pm

I've seen some where a front sight has been adapted from an AR folding sight after the owner took their original site off.

That's about it. Not exactly sure why they did this, but it's been done.
Mr. E. Monkey wrote:
Evan the Diplomat wrote:Why do you want to shoot penguins? What did they ever do to you?
It's that smug, superior attitude of theirs, strutting around in their fancy outfits like they're better than everyone else. Yeah, burn in hell, you snobbish bird bastards.

And don't get me started on pandas!

Mr. E. Monkey

Post by Mr. E. Monkey » Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:44 pm

Browning 35 wrote:Not exactly sure why they did this, but it's been done.
If you were tacticool enough, you would understand. :rofl:
SMoAF wrote:'Tis better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness.
Beowolf wrote:Disasters are terrifying, but people are stupid.
wee drop o' bush wrote:THE EVIL MONKEY HAS WON THE INTERNETS! :lol: Image

Return to “General Firearms Discussion”