Zombie Squad

Making Dead Things Deader Since 2003
It is currently Tue Sep 16, 2014 4:22 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:15 pm 
Offline
ZS Member
ZS Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:19 am
Posts: 1403
Location: The mountains of Kansas, USA
Near realtime tracking of who has .223/5.56 ammo in stock.

GunBot

_________________
Image ..... Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:28 pm 
Offline
* * *
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:12 pm
Posts: 741
Location: Texas
This gosh darn technology is pretty amazing.

ETA: Just back-ordered (early March) some "meh" steel cased .308. You know it's getting crazy when you can find mediocre .308 at half the price of brass 5.56. And does this mean my AR-308 has now become my training/plinking rifle? (sigh) :cry:

_________________
*WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological or emotional damage sustained by the reader is NOT the responsibility of the contributor.
Image Red Wire Rules!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:16 pm 
Offline
* * * * *
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:49 am
Posts: 2324
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Very nice... thanks for the heads up.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:26 pm 
Offline
* * * * *
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:49 pm
Posts: 4176
Location: VT
What a bleak look at the state of ammo availability... but it sure makes me feel better about that order I placed tuesday.

_________________
docdredd wrote:
those pandas need to harden the fuck up

Image

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:36 pm 
Offline
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:42 am
Posts: 5570
Location: Tucson, AZ
Very useful tool, also this is the first time I've really looked at ammo prices in about nine months... I wish I hadn't :gonk:

_________________
ImageImage Credit goes to Morbid_Mistress
Arizona Chapter Board | Arizona Chapter Google Map |Arizona Chapter Distro List
BOB | Iron Dog Armory - Etsy (Post Apocalyptic Costumes & Props)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:48 am 
Offline
* * * * *
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:54 pm
Posts: 1213
Location: Florida
Thanks for the heads up. Scored a case of 10mm.

_________________
"You don't understand! I coulda' had class. I coulda' been a contender. I coulda' been somebody instead of a bum, which is what I am."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:20 am 
Offline
ZS Member
ZS Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:19 am
Posts: 1403
Location: The mountains of Kansas, USA
Such a friendly little bot. Glad ya'all find him useful :D

_________________
Image ..... Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:21 pm 
Offline
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:42 am
Posts: 5570
Location: Tucson, AZ
Did you code him?

_________________
ImageImage Credit goes to Morbid_Mistress
Arizona Chapter Board | Arizona Chapter Google Map |Arizona Chapter Distro List
BOB | Iron Dog Armory - Etsy (Post Apocalyptic Costumes & Props)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:36 pm 
Offline
ZS Member
ZS Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:19 am
Posts: 1403
Location: The mountains of Kansas, USA
Sckitzo wrote:
Did you code him?


Oh no, the little talent I have lies in other areas, lol. I just found him and thought he was quite useful.

_________________
Image ..... Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:39 pm 
Offline
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:42 am
Posts: 5570
Location: Tucson, AZ
Regulator wrote:
Sckitzo wrote:
Did you code him?


Oh no, the little talent I have lies in other areas, lol. I just found him and thought he was quite useful.


Super useful, yeah I can't code worth a damn either :gonk:. Just don't have the brain for it, like you I think my little talents lie elsewhere. Still really handy find, even if depressing the more I look at it.

_________________
ImageImage Credit goes to Morbid_Mistress
Arizona Chapter Board | Arizona Chapter Google Map |Arizona Chapter Distro List
BOB | Iron Dog Armory - Etsy (Post Apocalyptic Costumes & Props)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:01 pm 
Offline
ZS Member
ZS Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:06 pm
Posts: 2918
Location: CO
Thanks for sharing the link.

People on ARF's ammo watch hate this fucking thing :lol: Lots of bitching about ammo flippers.

I just had a sad seeing that 9mm is just as much as 10mm for the most part (based on what's in stock, I did get 24c a round last week).

Also, I need to buy something in 380 just to have a gun I can buy ammo for. Jeebus.

_________________
MF'N Team Leader: Cleveland Steamers 2012
Team Beards&Irons 2013
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:44 pm 
Offline
* * *
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:12 pm
Posts: 741
Location: Texas
Yeah, I'm thinking I may be running my .308 at the class. For real. You can find steel cased 308 for less than brass 5.56, and good luck finding steel 5.56. I hate to cut into my 5.56 stash. Or..... getting a decently priced AK-74 would just about pay for itself.

_________________
*WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological or emotional damage sustained by the reader is NOT the responsibility of the contributor.
Image Red Wire Rules!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:49 pm 
Offline
* * * * *
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:49 pm
Posts: 4176
Location: VT
Rugger wrote:
Yeah, I'm thinking I may be running my .308 at the class. For real. You can find steel cased 308 for less than brass 5.56, and good luck finding steel 5.56. I hate to cut into my 5.56 stash. Or..... getting a decently priced AK-74 would just about pay for itself.


I know, I hate myself so much for not just buying a fucking AK-74 last year :gonk:

_________________
docdredd wrote:
those pandas need to harden the fuck up

Image

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:12 pm 
Offline
ZS Member
ZS Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:06 pm
Posts: 2918
Location: CO
AKFTW wrote:
Rugger wrote:
Yeah, I'm thinking I may be running my .308 at the class. For real. You can find steel cased 308 for less than brass 5.56, and good luck finding steel 5.56. I hate to cut into my 5.56 stash. Or..... getting a decently priced AK-74 would just about pay for itself.


I know, I hate myself so much for not just buying a fucking AK-74 last year :gonk:



74 ammo is damn near free :lol:

_________________
MF'N Team Leader: Cleveland Steamers 2012
Team Beards&Irons 2013
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:15 pm 
Offline
* * * * *
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:49 pm
Posts: 4176
Location: VT
TheLastOne wrote:
AKFTW wrote:
Rugger wrote:
Yeah, I'm thinking I may be running my .308 at the class. For real. You can find steel cased 308 for less than brass 5.56, and good luck finding steel 5.56. I hate to cut into my 5.56 stash. Or..... getting a decently priced AK-74 would just about pay for itself.


I know, I hate myself so much for not just buying a fucking AK-74 last year :gonk:



74 ammo is damn near free :lol:


When I bought my first AK I was thinking "oh, there's always going to be 7.62x39, it's the most popular rifle caliber in the world!". Not really thinking that BECAUSE it's so popular, people are going to buy it all up :(

_________________
docdredd wrote:
those pandas need to harden the fuck up

Image

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:19 pm 
Offline
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:17 am
Posts: 4532
Location: The Mythical State of Jefferson
Damn, they consider 10c a round a good deal for 22? I'm glad I bought a few thousand when the good deal was <3c a round! :lol:
(Mind you, they're tracking Eley and I've got Federal: American Eagle, but still.)

_________________
goofygurl wrote:
Dogan – In charge of all things fucked up
Are you ready to die, John Walker?| CLAPTRAP!
Your lucky number has been disconnected.|ASCII biohazard symbol: ☣
Winner of the May/June 2013 ZS Postal Match


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:26 pm 
Offline
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:06 pm
Posts: 10985
Dogan wrote:
Damn, they consider 10c a round a good deal for 22? I'm glad I bought a few thousand when the good deal was <3c a round! :lol:
(Mind you, they're tracking Eley and I've got Federal: American Eagle, but still.)

You know that's like bitching because Black Hills is $.75/rd when you got Federal XM193 for $.25/rd, right?

_________________
Opinions subject to change in light of new information.
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:31 pm 
Offline
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:17 am
Posts: 4532
Location: The Mythical State of Jefferson
Doctorr Fabulous wrote:
Dogan wrote:
Damn, they consider 10c a round a good deal for 22? I'm glad I bought a few thousand when the good deal was <3c a round! :lol:
(Mind you, they're tracking Eley and I've got Federal: American Eagle, but still.)

You know that's like bitching because Black Hills is $.75/rd when you got Federal XM193 for $.25/rd, right?

Eh, I'd have to say more like bitching because the tracking engine tracks Black Hills when I really want prices on XM193. But yeah, I get what you're saying.

_________________
goofygurl wrote:
Dogan – In charge of all things fucked up
Are you ready to die, John Walker?| CLAPTRAP!
Your lucky number has been disconnected.|ASCII biohazard symbol: ☣
Winner of the May/June 2013 ZS Postal Match


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:53 pm 
Offline
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:06 pm
Posts: 10985
Dogan wrote:
Doctorr Fabulous wrote:
Dogan wrote:
Damn, they consider 10c a round a good deal for 22? I'm glad I bought a few thousand when the good deal was <3c a round! :lol:
(Mind you, they're tracking Eley and I've got Federal: American Eagle, but still.)

You know that's like bitching because Black Hills is $.75/rd when you got Federal XM193 for $.25/rd, right?

Eh, I'd have to say more like bitching because the tracking engine tracks Black Hills when I really want prices on XM193. But yeah, I get what you're saying.

So you're mad at the engine because nobody has the ammo you want in stock?

_________________
Opinions subject to change in light of new information.
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:15 pm 
Offline
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:17 am
Posts: 4532
Location: The Mythical State of Jefferson
Doctorr Fabulous wrote:
Dogan wrote:
Doctorr Fabulous wrote:
Dogan wrote:
Damn, they consider 10c a round a good deal for 22? I'm glad I bought a few thousand when the good deal was <3c a round! :lol:
(Mind you, they're tracking Eley and I've got Federal: American Eagle, but still.)

You know that's like bitching because Black Hills is $.75/rd when you got Federal XM193 for $.25/rd, right?

Eh, I'd have to say more like bitching because the tracking engine tracks Black Hills when I really want prices on XM193. But yeah, I get what you're saying.

So you're mad at the engine because nobody has the ammo you want in stock?

Partially. More because the engine skews the perceived prices because it only tracks certain types of ammo, in the case of 22lr it tracks higher end ammo. It's a wonderful item, but it really needs a wider base of data. At this level it demonstrates a concept, but it's much less useful to a bulk-pack plinker then to a target shooter.

_________________
goofygurl wrote:
Dogan – In charge of all things fucked up
Are you ready to die, John Walker?| CLAPTRAP!
Your lucky number has been disconnected.|ASCII biohazard symbol: ☣
Winner of the May/June 2013 ZS Postal Match


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:33 pm 
Offline
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:06 pm
Posts: 10985
Ammoseek and ammoengine aren't showing anything but Eley or Lapua either.

_________________
Opinions subject to change in light of new information.
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:53 pm 
Offline
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:17 am
Posts: 4532
Location: The Mythical State of Jefferson
Doctorr Fabulous wrote:
Ammoseek and ammoengine aren't showing anything but Eley or Lapua either.

At least for AmmoEngine, I want to say it was the same way before the panic, so it's not even an issue of "that's what's available". I've wondered why this is almost every time I visit those sites. It's nice to have data for accurate stuff for sub-MOA .22s, but for plinking, introducing new shooters, and concentrating on form with a 4-5 MOA rifle and steel plates, having data on cheap stuff would be welcome.

_________________
goofygurl wrote:
Dogan – In charge of all things fucked up
Are you ready to die, John Walker?| CLAPTRAP!
Your lucky number has been disconnected.|ASCII biohazard symbol: ☣
Winner of the May/June 2013 ZS Postal Match


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:32 pm 
Offline
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:06 pm
Posts: 10985
Ammoseek has whatever's in stock.

_________________
Opinions subject to change in light of new information.
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group