Fresh Meat From Chicagoland

If this is your first visit to the ZS forums read the rules above then introduce yourself. It would also be cool if you let us know how you found us.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Bearman

Fresh Meat From Chicagoland

Post by Bearman » Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:11 pm

Hi, everyone. Great to be part of this community!

I'm just getting started in my ZS journey here in Chicagoland. I hooked up with Chapter 20 here in Chicago during a convention last Nov. My wife and I have started making some new friends there, so I figured it's time to register for the site and make it official.

I was a Boy Scout as a kid and was active as a leader after college, but have gotten rusty with my camping and outdoor skills since then. It's time to shine up those skills and brush up on my disaster preparedness. A year ago I didn't have a fire extinguisher, and didn't even know where we kept the band-aids. I'm happy to say I have fixed BOTH of those things, and am ready to keep going.

I also foil hackers in my professional life.

tldr;
I'm new and enthusiastic. Don't know much.

PistolPete
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Re: Fresh Meat From Chicagoland

Post by PistolPete » Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:47 pm

Welcome from a fellow cyber security guy. There is tons of great information here, I recommend checking out the Hall Of Fame to see some of the top threads from over the years.
Steemit, where I write stuff now

Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first.
- Mark Twain

Bearman

!

Post by Bearman » Sat Jan 18, 2020 11:51 am

Thanks, PistolPete

Bearman

Re: Fresh Meat From Chicagoland

Post by Bearman » Sat Jan 18, 2020 11:54 am

Thanks, PistolPete!

I've been lurking here for a few months in an effort to 'learn from the masters' as it were, so I've already perused some of those Hall of Famers.
Great to make acquaintance with a fellow Cyber guy! I pivoted from web dev to Cyber Security about five years ago- starting as an application security engineer specifically, and now I'm an analyst. My life was so consumed with tech for many years, so I'm happy to be branching out some other hobbies.

Return to “Introductions”