Hello from not so sunny Slough, UK

If this is your first visit to the ZS forums read the rules above then introduce yourself. It would also be cool if you let us know how you found us.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

GJStevens

Hello from not so sunny Slough, UK

Post by GJStevens » Thu May 09, 2019 1:13 am

Hello all,

My name is Gareth and I'm an author from Slough in the in the south east of England. I write zombie apocalypse fiction, books and articles about survival and I've been looking for a community like this to join so I can share my ideas and interact with people on the same wavelength!

I'll mention my books here then I'll try not to talk about then again! :wink:

I currently have two books out, one is the first in a series of high-adventure thrillers, IN THE END, the other is given away free, called SURVIVOR, Your Guide to Surviving the Apocalypse. I'm currently writing a second volume of SURVIVOR which will include developing a get home bag, a guide to survival fishing and hunting rabbits. I'm always looking for beta readers for my articles!

Many thanks

Gareth
GJ Stevens

majorhavoc
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later, ZombieLand, Dawn of the Dead

Re: Hello from not so sunny Slough, UK

Post by majorhavoc » Thu May 09, 2019 8:11 am

Welcome to ZS. We have a great amateur fiction section here, definitely worth exploring. I can recommend Mom's Journal of the Zombie Years and Buddy (A Dog's View of the ZPAW).

It's been my experience that authors of post apocalyptic fiction spend a lot of time thinking about the nuts and bolts of survival when society collapses (permanently or temporarily). So you probably have some interesting insights/ideas to share with the ZS community. Also, you'll find lots of good information on survival skills and techniques here that could lend that extra degree of verisimilitude to your own writing.

GJStevens

Re: Hello from not so sunny Slough, UK

Post by GJStevens » Thu May 09, 2019 10:49 am

Thanks for the welcome and you're right, I certainly do a lot of thinking about survival etc, which is one of the reasons I started blogging about the subject then released a companion book. I'll check out the fiction too!

Return to “Introductions”